My Avatar

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tool #10


Students should be taught how to check multiple sources and also be shown how to verify those sources-don't believe everything you read. We also need to make sure that our students know that what they share and write online is there somewhere forever. For our students, I think that safety and etiquette is probably the most important thing that we need to teach them.

I know that students will cover digital citizenship in their classrooms a lot this year and because I only see them once a week, I will certainly reinforce the idea. If necessary, I will use Brainpop.


The main thing when using the internet at the elementary level, I think, is that students know where it is safe for them to search for information, what to do if they do find something that they should not be seeing and that they learn to never share personal information.

I think that parents are asked to review and acknowledge that they have read the SBISD Acceptable Use Policy.

.







No comments:

Post a Comment